OFA Management “First Year” Starter Beehive
A starter beehive that comes with all the bee equipment (except protective gear and tools) needed for implementing the Oakley Family Apiaries Management Plan for one colony during its first season.
This Starter Beehive Kit Consists of:
- Pure-Bred Russian Queen Bee*
- Five Deep frames of beeswax combs containing bees, brood, honey and pollen
- Nine Deep Frames with Plastic Foundation
- Two Frame Feeders (each holds one gallon of syrup)
- Two Deep Eight Frame Beehive Boxes (painted)
- Beehive Cover (reversible) – painted
- Beehive Bottom Board (reversible) – painted
- Double Screen Divider Board – painted
- Queen Excluder (metal-bound)
- Beehive Strap (to secure for transport)
Bees should be ready for pickup sometime between April 18th and April 30th. Please include your email address and phone number. We will contact you to arrange a time for pickup from our home apiary at 664 W. Elm Mott Dr., Elm Mott, Texas 76640.
*All queens have been raised by certified members of the Russian Bee Breeders Association for Varroa Mite resistance, gentleness, and productivity. Additional information on certification standards is available at the Russian Honeybee Breeders Association website www.RussianBreeder.org.